Make a tax deductible donation to us now and help your local community
Right now, hundreds of people in the Central Coast community are missing out on the help they need to solve a legal problem.
People living below the poverty line, people with a disability, people who have been evicted from their homes, or who’ve lost their jobs, been discriminated against or ripped off by an unscrupulous ‘friend’ or business.
Women with children fleeing domestic violence, Aboriginal families under pressure on all fronts, older people and people with poor English who face a bewildering and threatening legal system they can’t understand … and many more.
Unresolved legal problems have devastating consequences, leading to homelessness, unemployment, serious debt, relationship breakdowns and illness.
But it doesn’t have to be this way.
At the Central Coast Community Legal Centre we believe everyone deserves equal access to justice.
Each year our tiny, determined team of volunteers, interns and solicitors helps almost 6,000 vulnerable and disadvantaged people with free, accessible advice and support at one of the most stressful and difficult times of their lives.
• 72% of our clients are living below the poverty line
• 32% are experiencing family violence
• 8% identify as Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander
We do it on a shoestring budget and we do it because we care.
We are doing a fantastic job but we want to do more.
Frankly, we are overwhelmed. Last year we had to turn away over 1700 people simply because we don’t have enough solicitors to provide timely assistance. That’s why we’re asking for your help today.
Will you make a tax-deductible donation before 30 June?
Our aim is to raise $10,000 to help an extra 200 people in 2016.
• Every $50 we raise means that we can help another vulnerable person here on the Central Coast.
• Just $50 means we can help a woman experiencing domestic violence to protect herself and her children.
• Just $50 means we can help a homeless person deal with their unpaid fines.
• Just $50 means that we can help an Aboriginal person experiencing race discrimination fight an unfair dismissal.
The more you can give us, the more people we can help.
But anything you give will make a difference.
The money we raise will go directly to help people in need right here on the Central Coast.
Thank you on behalf of the whole team here at Central Coast Community Legal Centre … and all of the people we help.