The Children’s Court Assistance Scheme is a free, confidential support service .
The scheme provides non legal advice and support to young people attending court on criminal matters.
What we can do for you:
Going to court can be confusing and scary. We are here to support you and your family and help you understand what’s happening.
Our CCAS Coordinator can provide:
- information about court processes and outcomes,
- answer your questions about the court process
- explain the outcomes reached at court
- help fill out Legal Aid applications
- help you find a duty solicitor (someone to represent you in court)
- support for young people and their carers on the day at court,
- informal counselling and conflict resolution, and
- referral to welfare services such as drug and alcohol programs, counselling and accommodation.
If you attend court by yourself we can accompany you into court, or if you need extra support.
We are at the following Children’s Courts:
Broadmeadow Children’s Court (Mondays)
Wyong Children’s Court (Every 2nd Tuesday in the month)
Woy Woy Children’s Court (Fridays)
Look out for Tracey Young our CCAS Co-ordinator